There are a number of herbal remedies for sinusitis are present that are really very effective. Other than the treatment, herbal remedies are used for prevention of sinusitis. Sinuses are the air cavities. Sinusitis is an inflammatory condition in which nasal passages get blocked because of the swelling.
Common causes of sinusitis
- Pollen or dust allergies
- Infection in the mouth can be a reason for sinusitis
- Lower immunity
- Respiratory infection
- The deviated spectrum of nasal
- Impaired immune system
These are the most common causes of sinusitis.
Common symptoms of sinusitis
- Having difficulty in breathing
- Blocked nose
- Watery eyes
- Bad breath
- Thick mucus
- Face pain
- Nasal discharge
- Sore throat
- Loss of smell
- Sore throat
- Eye pain
These are the most common symptoms associated with sinusitis.
Tips to prevent sinusitis
- Consume seasonal fruits such as orange, sweet orange, apple, pomegranate and much more.
- Add garlic and onion to your daily diet.
- Walking and good exercise can be helpful in preventing problems such as sinusitis. Regular good exercise does not only helpful in preventing sinusitis only as well as helpful in preventing other diseases.
- Avoid coffee, fried products, oily products, preservative products, junk food, fast food, carbonated drinks, chocolates, liquor, white flour etc.
- Avoid activities such as cold water bath, excessive sleep, heavy foods that are difficult to digest, oily, sweet and sour food consumption etc.
- Adopt a great lifestyle, like exercise regularly, eat nutritious and fresh food, walk daily, don’t sleep excessively or don’t deprive sleep, don’t delay meals or don’t skip meals etc.
- Consume foods that are not so hot or cold. Consume foods that are kept at room temperature. Avoid consuming refrigerated food till it is possible.
These are some preventive tips that are used to safeguard yourself from sinusitis problems.
Lets us now have a look at herbal remedies for sinusitis.
Garlic is one of the most effective herbal remedies for sinus. Most of the herbal practitioners use garlic to treat problems of sinusitis. With its anti-microbial properties, garlic is used to treat sinusitis for a long time.
Ginger is an effective herbal remedy for sinusitis. With its anti-inflammatory properties, ginger is great in treating sore throat and cold as well.
Keep yourself hydrated
Drinking lots of water and other liquids help you in thinning mucus. But don’t consume liquids that contain caffeine, alcohol, and sugar. Here liquids represent water, juices prepared using veggies and fruits.
Pungent spices contain antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Pungent spices such as cayenne pepper are used to drain out the thicker and congested mucus from your nasal passage that creates a nasal blockage.
Turmeric root is commonly found herb in India. Turmeric does not only contains anti-inflammatory properties, but as well as it is highly rich in anti-oxidants. When brewed in hot tea, it becomes really very effective herbal remedy. Turmeric can cure age old issues if taken in the right way.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best herbal remedies for sinusitis. Apple cider vinegar contains wonderful properties. Take a cup of tea up to three times a day with one spoon of organic apple cider vinegar. It helps you in removing excessive mucus from your nasal passage. You can also mix Apple cider vinegar with honey and lemon to get better results.
Soup made up with natural veggies is used to treat nasal congestion. Other than the vegetable soup using natural fresh herbs, chicken soup is also used to clear out sinuses. And is known as a very useful remedy for the issue.