IPL[ Indian Premier League] came into existence in 2008 and before that, the concept was not there in the history of cricket. There was no concept of a franchise-based league in cricket before the IPL. Although some T20 tournaments were being played earlier than this, the concept of an individual owning the cricket team was alien before the coming of IPL. Today, IPL cricket is among the sought-after tournaments.
Although owning the franchise in other sports was prevalent before the concept of IPL, the auctioning of the top cricket players under the platform became a new concept after its inception. With time, IPL was ahead of the competition compared to other T20 leagues. As of today, the Indian premier league is way ahead in competition compared to other T20 leagues. Some of the reasons are as under:
PERFECT TIMING OF IPL–A BIG ADVANTAGE
- One of the distinct features associated with IPL since its inception is the timing of the year in which it is played. Other international leagues play like BBL, CPL as well as PSL but their timing clashes with other cricket tournaments.
- Because of the timing, the other international leagues miss the elite participation but this is not the case with IPL making it a preferable choice after the world cup Cricket among cricket fans.
- In the case of CPL, it is played when the Indian cricket team prepares for the home tournament or is on a tour. But with IPL T20 cricket, there is no such issue.
- BBL and PSL organize the tournament when international cricket teams like South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand play international matches. Because of this, the frontline players of these teams cannot participate. But the IPL timing is different and there is the participation of the top-notch players of Indian cricket.
- Because of the winter, Asian players do not participate in non-IPL private teams. During this time, various overseas teams have no tour. All this makes India IPL cricket preferable.
- The timing of the IPL from March to May is good because this is the end of the domestic cricket season in India. Various other cricket seasons in the southern hemisphere also end during these months. This automatically makes IPL cricket preferable.
- The commencement of English cricket takes place in late May and because of this also, IPL cricket enjoys a big global viewership.
AVAILABILITY OF TOP PLAYERS–ANOTHER BIG ADVANTAGE FOR IPL CRICKET
- One of the very good advantages associated with IPL cricket is the maximum availability of top-notch cricket players. The reason for this is the high-value auctions because of the cash-rich buyers.
- As compared to other leagues, since its inception only, IPL became a cosmopolitan event because of the participation of top-notch players from Australia and England.
- With the participation of multiple talents from different cricketing nations, IPL is way ahead of its competitors and has become the biggest extravaganza over the years.
- IPL T20 cricket reached a greater height when it comes to the exclusive Arrangement because it has diminished the gap and preference between the fresh and the experienced cricket players.
- IPL has given a chance to fresh talents who possess all the vitality and energy to play the game making it an exclusive platform for cricket.
- IPL cricket is elusive because of the invitation to cricket talents from all across the world who can make a display of their cricketing feats as well as get fat packages for participation.
- One of the essential reasons for IPL cricket’s success is that it is also called the battle of the elites. This is the reason that despite its short existence, it has reached greater heights in T20 cricket.
- You have the option to see IPL cricket live on various media platforms in different parts of the world.
- The management of IPL cricket is in the hands of the experts in the field of cricket making it both popular and evolutionary.
HIGH STANDARD OF CRICKET PLAY–ANOTHER ADVANTAGE
- IPL has a high standard of play and this is compared to the international level.
- IPL franchise has expert players some of whom are former players as well with the experience of playing with overseas specialists. This has resulted in the process of harmonization making the Indian premier league a platform from which you can learn much about the field of cricket.
- In the T20 Games in Australia and England, there are just two overseas specialists but in IPL cricket there are four. This increases the level of batsmanship and the quality of bowling. It is only in the IPL T20 cricket you can see the two greatest batsmen of the world demolishing the bowling attacks.
A PRIOR PREPARATION PLATFORM
- Even though cricket boards like England now recognize IPL T20 cricket as a prior platform for the upcoming cricketing events and send their players to participate in this franchise.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the IPL?
IPL is the Indian Premier League created in 2008 inviting private individuals to buy cricket players from various cricketing nations and formulate franchises. Various teams of the IPL compete and one becomes the winner. Player recruitment in IPL is done by auction by the individual franchises that participate in the IPL platform. These are owned by rich people like businessmen, celebrities, etc.
How is IPL performed?
IPL uses light energy to target a certain color in your skin. When the skin is heated, your body gets rid of the unwanted cells, and that gets rid of the thing you’re being treated for. Unlike lasers, an IPL device sends out more than one wavelength of pulsating light.
Is Ipl cricket made for playing betting?
IPL bettors wait for the Indian Premier League to start so that they can place their bets on the teams they expect to win, players they expect to reach the highest scores, etc. But a great thing about cricket betting is that the IPL isn’t the only tournament in a year where you can bet on cricket.