Since the situation is getting worse, the World Health Organization (WHO) is now characterizing the epidemic as a pandemic. The government and appropriate authorities have been announcing a lot lately to anticipate the imminent arrival of the corona virus epidemic in India. Before going to the prevention’s & precaution’s we need to understand the disease. Let’s have a look into that Now!
Understanding Corona Virus
Did you know?
Corona virus belongs to a large family of viruses that are responsible to cause illnesses ranging from common cold to severe diseases. COVID-19 is mainly caused by the new corona virus (SARS-CoV-2) and is being spreading rapidly around the world.
According to The World Health Organization (WHO), this Corona virus is a deadly disease, affecting a remarkably high proportion of the human population. Many countries like United States, China, Italy, India and others have already declared this as a national emergency, and cities throughout the country are taking key steps to slow the spread, as there is currently no proper treatment or vaccine available.
How Corona Virus Spreads
- The virus easily gets spread primarily from person-to-person
- From touching the contaminated objects or surfaces
- People who are within about 6 feet close contact with one another
- When an infected person coughs or sneezes (respiratory droplets are produced, that can land in the mouths or noses of people in close)
Signs & Symptoms You Should Know
(May appear 2-14 days after exposure.*)
- Shortness of breath / breathing difficulties
Who Are More Prone To Disease?
It is seen that older people who have severe underlying chronic health conditions like diabetes, heart or lung disease are at higher risk of getting infected from COVID-19 illness. It is advised to consult your health care provider and take proper medical treatment.
Corona virus Treatment
There is no definite treatment suggested for Corona virus infection. Already many top doctor and scientists are working on finding treatment. Let’s hope for best that our doctors and scientists will find better treatment option as soon as possible. People who may have been exposed should get in touch with their nearest medical centre immediately.
Precautions You Can Take
- Avoid close contact with anyone
- Avoid contact with sick people
- Avoid Travelling while you are sick
- Avoid non-essential travel to any place in the world
- Avoid eating outside
- Avoid taking stress
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Do Regular Hand Washing for at least 20 seconds
- Do Covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing
- Do thoroughly cooking meat and eggs
- Do Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if you do not have access to soap and water
- Do cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when coughing or sneezing
- Do Eat high protein and fresh foods
- Do Exercise
- Do take plenty of rest
Stay informed. Take proper care of yourself and your near and dear ones. Do not get panic and help others aware of the disease and take proper preventive measures.